Traditional wellness programs typically don’t address stress, resiliency and mental well-being. As we transition from education and awareness (mindfulness) during April Stress Awareness Month to May Mental Health Awareness Month, it’s important to provide a continuum of learning on how to help organizations and employees better manage stress and get proper training.
Stress is the leading cost of illness, costing U.S. businesses a staggering $300 BILLION/year in turnover, absenteeism, productivity and medical costs!
Top businesses and forward thinking employee well-being program administrators are incorporating a not so traditional training approach and are seeing reductions in employee stress, workplace conflicts, injuries, absenteeism and healthcare costs – Mindfulness.
Mindfulness (also referred to as resilience training or brain training) is attention and awareness training used to reduce stress, focus attention and optimally perform in the present moment.
Or as I like to coach – Mindfulness is the difference between being able to “respond vs. emotionally react.”
Employees are seeking tools and healthy ways to cope with stress at work and at home. If your team or organization hasn’t yet incorporated Mindfulness Training as part of your Leadership and/or Employee Well-being Training initiatives, here are
5 Reasons (Bottom Line Benefits) to Start A Total Well-being Training Approach Today:
- Mindfulness training reduces stress, anxiety and depression while improving the immune system and the cognitive skills that are key to high performance and compassionate care giving.
- Mindfulness training improves chronic stress-related conditions, strengthens the immune system, lowers blood pressure and improves heart health.
- Mindfulness training helps people develop healthier eating and drinking habits, which helps aid weight loss and treatment of eating disorders.
- Mindfulness training boosts happiness, mood and energy levels. Happier healthier employees thrive at work and tend to be the highest performers.
- Mindfulness training improves sleep quality and reduces insomnia, helping people ditch sleep medication and thrive after a good night’s rest.
For more information on how to incorporate Mindfulness & Resilience Training at your workplace, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.